Here are a few things I’d love you to have know many years ago, life wisdom I’ve picked up along the way.
- It might hurt, but always tell the truth – honesty has always been one of your core values, stay true to it
- Treat yourself with kindness
- You have unique gifts to give the world…you are here for a reason, believe in YOU
- Not everyone will be as respectful and honorable as you
- Tell your parents you love them as often as possible, one day they’ll be gone
- You’re going to be fine! Try and be OK with the unknown, and know within that, you will be OK
- Drink more water, eat more greens, but don’t give up the good stuff (wine, chocolate, coffee)….everything in moderation
- Be fearless – go out there are get it! Live life to the full, embracing opportunities with courage
- Don’t forget to wear sunscreen every time you leave the house, oh…and wear a hat!
- It’s okay to put yourself first and say no to the things (or people) that drain your energy
- Be open and honest about what you want, no one will read your mind. Don’t hold back in fear of what others think
- Listen when people show you who they are – trust that instinct…she’s got ya 🙂
- You can have a degree and still be stupid. You can not have a degree and get far in this world
- You can’t get back the time you spend worrying. Work at staying present as often as you can
- Do what’s right for you, not what’s right for others – societal expectations will clip your wings….don’t let them!
- Some people will like you, some people won’t like you. That’s fine, you’re not for everyone and you don’t have to be
- Love – be open to it, embrace it when it comes, allow it to go when it’s time. Don’t let heartbreak close you off…you’ve a big, beautiful heart so full of love….the world needs some of that
- ALWAYS keep believing in magic
- Don’t compare yourself or your life with anyone else’s. You are you, and you’re doing it beautifully and imperfectly…as it’s meant to be done 🙂
- If you want something to change in your life, change it…you are empowered to change your destiny – one attitude change, one choice at a time
- Travel – seek adventures, explore the globe, experience all that is different and awe inspiring
- Let yourself make mistakes, they are life lessons
- Be strong, but gentle
- Don’t waste your time on toxic people (see note on your instinct above)
- It isn’t things that matter, it’s people
- Time – the best gift you can give, both yourself and others. Choose where you spend it wisely
- Be kind…always
I love you, I am proud of you.
Hugs and love